Chappy & Friends:
Bringing Focus to Your Animal Welfare Project
Chappy & Friends ignites grassroots animal welfare projects by “lending” our tax-exempt status to the projects for THEIR fundraising purposes. Think of us as an “incubator” for those seeking to impact the animal kingdom in positive ways. We help people and groups working on the front lines of animal welfare to come into existence as a Chappy & Friends’ project. With our assistance, you’ll have the freedom to grow and to sustain your project. This allows you to focus on what you do best, help animals! Officially, Chappy & Friends is a nationwide 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor for animal welfare projects.
Focus on what you do best: Help Animals! Leave the rest to us.
Chappy & Friends helps projects by effectively lending our 501c3 status to non-exempt organizations and individuals. This allows you to offer tax benefits to your donors and to apply for grants. You get all of this access to funding without the burden of running your own 501c3. This gives you the freedom to focus on what you do best: saving, advocating for, and/or enhancing the lives of animals!
You too can take advantage of the large community of passionate donors and empathetic grant makers that care deeply about animals and their struggles. Use us for one project (like building a fenced-in sanctuary for feral cats), on your way to your own 501c3, or if you like what we provide and want to stay for good, you are welcome to do so!
What a Chappy & Friends fiscal sponsorship means for you:
- Accept online donations for one low fee
- Fundraise with a goal tracker, a la, Go Fund Me
- Accept automatic, periodic donations from donors
- Accept non-cash donations of food, supplies, etc.
- Receive funds at convenient, regular intervals
- Your organization’s profile featured on our website
- Potential receipt of corporate donations
To Participate as a Chappy & Friends’ project:
- You must be a member of Chappy & Friends.
- You must activate your project within one month of board approval by paying the membership fee.
- You must submit the application found at the link below.
- Your project must help animals.
- Your project must have some public benefit and be non-commercial in nature.
- You must file periodic reports on how you spend funds raised through Chappy & Friends.
Membership Fee is $120 per year and is due at application
(Sorry, no refunds available.)
Projects enjoy a lifetime fee of only 7.0% on all donations raised (including in-kind gifts) and grants received.
(Online donations are received for Chappy & Friends by Network for Good.)